Let’s talk Pride Month!
I put together a list of books that you might not know feature LGBTQA
- Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko: Ace
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn: Nonbinary, pansexual, and gay
- The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Stewart:
- The Wolf and the Woodsman by Ava Reid: Sapphic
- Forestborn by Elayne Becker: m/m romance
And of course, my favorite LGBTQA-centered reads that I always recommend are
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas
- Tin Man by Sarah Winman
- Ghost Wood Song by Erica Waters
- Under the Whispering Door and
- The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
- We Are Okay by Nina Lacour
Published by Anna and Alexis
Hello! We're Anna and Alexis, twins from the Richmond, Virginia area. We both studied English and creative writing in college.
Anna spent a year after college working in book publishing in New York City. After living outside of D.C., she moved back to the Richmond area. She works in marketing. Her favorite genre to read is literary fiction, especially by female authors, and she also enjoys dystopian novels.
Alexis works in social media marketing and writes novels on the side. She recently finished grad school, where she received her MFA in creative writing. She loves reading fantasy, especially YA, magical realism, and the occasional lyrical fiction and romance.
We’ve been reading and writing together as long as we can remember, and we’re excited to share our bookish thoughts with you! Check us out on Instagram @takestwotobookreview.
View all posts by Anna and Alexis
1 thought on “Book Recs for Pride Month”
Nice list. ‘Tin Man’ and ‘We Are Okay’ are good reads- I also liked Nina LaCour’s book ‘Watch Over Me.’